Saturday, September 10, 2011

car diary #5/ ramble

junctions. signalling and turning! it was fun i must admit. the reversing - not so much. i can't steer to save my life when i reverse. lovely. that's pretty much it for my car innuendos.

i am still considering going to a pub and working for a while until i get some jobs from my teaching agency. however, how on earth will i when there is nothing out there!? ugh. it's so annoying, it's getting on my tits. big time. MrL has left for two weeks today and i'm already wondering what i'll do with myself...
- go to the local pub (again) and ask for ANYTHING, even a few hours...i just want a job!
- mow the lawn
- cover the car
- hoover my car (it is MINGING)
- hoover the house and general spring clean
- paperwork --> file it
- sort out the kitchen (ie tidy)

that's pretty much it.

one of me best friends is in london, and it's just made me thought about how much i miss it. i've never really sat down and mulled over the fact that i'm not there anymore. i miss it. i miss the possibility of hopping on the underground and going to the city, walking around (obs window shopping) and getting coffee at starbucks (something i truly miss up here - starbucks). i love to people watch too, which is not happening here. all i can see out of my window are more houses and, er, yeah, the street.


 that is literally all i can see from the kitchen window round the front. also, when i look down i see this:


yes, the plants that are slowly (quickly?) dying in the front garden. it gets unbelievably windy up here and the plants take an awful battering. i have no idea how they actually survive!

what a difference to the views i had in london. plus there really is nothing to do here. i've come accustomed to being on my own at home. but i must admit, i cannot wait to get out and be busy in a school. i need to meet people and make friends. otherwise, my life will be ultra boring.

on a positive note (not for my bank though) i made a ma-hoo-sive shop on amazon (have i mentioned this before?) and i went 'school shopping' mad. i've bought tons of stickers which arrived today!


express delivery is great. i'm still waiting for my tambourine, book, poly pockets and more stickers! hopefully they'll get here on monday.

seriously nothing else is going on in my life. hope you're all well and having a great weekend

xoxo

No comments: