Wednesday, September 28, 2011

belle journée

it was an absolutely beautiful day today. glorious sunshine and it was so hot! as usual i got up at 6:45 and awaited my 'call' from the agency with some work for me. not today though. and i've been told that the rest of the week will probably not give me any work either. they said (again) next week will bring more work. i wonder. anyway..so i had today off (again, like the previous 3 weeks this month..). i decided not to waste it inside and i donned some shorts, white top, gardening gloves and plastic bag - i did some gardening! now, if you know me well you will know that i hate bugs, worms, spiders and anything along those lines. i managed to clean up the front garden so it now looks immaculate, as if it were planted just yesterday! it looks good. i hope to get compliments soon ;) i need to water my ivy in the back garden...i hope it grows. they are still looking pretty small.

my lovely boyfriend looked at me today (very closely) and told me i'm a 'make-up lady'. now at first i thought, yeah, i do slap on a bit on my face. i just don't like my uneven skin tone and i always try to cover it with heavy foundation (go estee lauder double wear). now, i bought mine as soon as i got back from poland..and i was a bit tanned. wrong move. now, what MrL had in mind (as i asked him to explain) was that i put too much of it on, but more worryingly, he said it looks too orange on me! gah! i do try to mix my darker 'summer' shade with a bit of shell which is one of the lightest shades from estee lauder. but i don't have much of shell left and, to be honest, neither do i have the money to splash out on a new foundation form estee lauder. i took the 'heavy' factor into consideration and i've deliberated on getting a much lighter and less cake-y foundation. i read reviews and swatches and i've decided, in fact, i bought it already (and i'm eagerly awaiting it's arrival) - Missha BB Cream #21. i'm excited to try this and i've heard great things about it, i know it is very light coverage but as long as it evens out my skin tone i'll be more than happy to wear it. i'll let you all know how i get on (once i get it! next week?)

as for the rest of the week i will be trying to enjoy the sunshine that we have in england at the moment! it's wonderful don't you think!

hope you're all having a good week

M
x