Tuesday, September 28, 2010

yesterday...

I write to you from my room.. YES, but no internet – I’m just writing this in word and posting it up on my blog. Oh, the good ol’ days of not having the internet – I HATE IT. Can’t wait till Tuesday!! Virgin internet here I wait…

So I’ve done a week of induction at uni (which was fab) if only it lasted forever…hey ho, I’ve also managed to survive a whole week of ‘proper’ uni – soooo much work. So much stuff to do, so many things to print, so much information to take in, so many essays to write, so many hours of researching to do, so many trips to the library to be done, so many subjects to acquire, so many notes to be taken down, so many presentations to be done, so many books to read, so little sleep – welcome to PGCE course. I have a hate/love relationship with it. I love it because I’ve met such wonderful people here; I look forward to my school experience and getting my QTS. But, I hate it because there’s so much work to do.. information overload every single day. We get tons of essays and projects to do..i’m kind of (not) looking forward to it..? I have mixed feelings about it all. I’m so glad to be on this course though. At times it will be fun but the majority of the time it’s work work work.

I’m living with a really nice girl in her flat. I have the whole bedroom to myself :) it’s a bit on the empty side, but soon enough, I shall make it my own! I just need to get a desk lamp, chest of drawers/storage cabinet and get some more pictures on the wall and it will be fab. The location is brilliant – 15mins walk to uni, not bad for London, the price is affordable (def for London) and my flatmate is really cool. We even went to the British museum on Saturday and had a blast in the Egyptian section! I’m so happy to be here, but I think, next year it’ll be time to go up north and start living there with Mr L :)

The weather here has been absolutely horrible the past few days – windy and rainy. Your typical English weather – what more could you ask for? I’ve had to buy myself boots (where else but from ‘new look’ they have 20% student’s discount – woohoo!) I’ve bought some lovely nail polish too – by BarryM the colour is called ‘mushroom’ and is a lovely shade of brown.. def a wonderful autumn nail colour. I’m pondering on getting h&m ‘oversized boyfriend shirts’. I adore the look of them, I even tried some on and was ferociously tempted to get them but I thought I’d wait a day or two to see if I still liked them as much as I did first time round.. we’ll see how it goes ;) besides I don’t want to be spending too much money seeing that I don’t really have any :/

Hope you’re all doing well, I can’t wait to have my internet and I’ll FINALLY be able to write every day :D
xoxo

No comments: