Sunday, May 11, 2008

HBO: Thin

i came across the documentary on one of my 'friends' myspace site [yes, i know, i'm so sad having a myspace.. kill me for it] and i watched it.
i'm in deep shock.
so many aspects were covered there and oh too many showed how hard it is to live a normal life and to recover when you suffer from an eating disorder. starting from the fact that you have to want to recover. the thing that hit me most was the insurance crap.. wow..i did not know that if you run out of insurance, they make you leave, how frickin sad is that? how can the girls possibly recover when they get kicked out? that scares me.

if you do happen to watch all 11 episodes on youtube, you'll see what happens.

i dont know why i got so sensitive about it, i'm fortunate that none of my close friends have any eating problems but if i did, i know there would be nothing that i could do to help. in fact, i've never heard of any support groups in tychy or katowice. i wonder how it all looks like here.

oh great. my cat just got sick. shoot. :(

1 comment:

Mademoiselle Deva said...

Polly died this Feburary - this is so sad.