Tuesday, July 19, 2011

internet shopping

it has been a thrilling day for me as i had two packages (in fact three - unexpectedly!) coming to my abode today.

the first was from tesco. i did my shopping online. because i don't have a car and it was pouring down sunday/monday, my fridge was looking dreadfully empty i needed food. so i got it this morning. all in the time slot so no complaints there. they changed two things for what they had available which was fine by me. however..the bread they gave me goes off tomorrow, so do all the other bakery things that i got. i'd made the mistake of ordering a 6 pint (!!!) bottle of milk which goes off on friday - wtf? how on earth? so silly. will have to make something that uses a LOT of milk. pancakes? cakes? muffins?? apart from those few bits, the whole things was great! delivered straight to my doorstep (the gent was kind enough to bring the crates into my kitchen) oh - it was meant to be all packed in bags (which it wasn't) but i guess that's ok, however i do think i paid extra for that...? hm.

on to my second shop - topshop.
i went to the 'local' topshop here and the shoe selection they had was pretty shocking. maybe 5 pairs? tragedy. so i went online and found two chelsea boots that i fell in love with!! so i whipped them up into my shopping basket and ordered them for today. and i got them - i ripped the packaging open and they still looked great! i put them on and my face dropped. they just looked horrid.. now i don't know whether it was my jeans, leggings, pale legs, shorts, but they just did not suit me, AT ALL. i chucked them aside and sneered at them and wondered "why?" i returned to twitter and got some of the best advice from a lady under the name of @Miss_Merx "give them back. Nothing good ever came of uncertainty. Get your money and get something swoonful for your feet" i agreed - tomorrow they will be gone. back to topshop.
but now...i'm really trying to fall in love with them again. they're still shoved by the corner but their wallowing is calling and i desperately want to find something that will make them look good on me. off i go to get a pair of tights....

how would you style your chelsea boots?

the third package is for MrL i believe it's something from his company

i have also made yet ANOTHER purchase. no thanks to twitter and a particular blogger lollipop26 i've succumbed to buying the black focco bag from this ebay seller. i cannot wait till i get it. but i promise, this is the end of my internet purchases. i need to get my tickets to poland (prices are constantly rising but i still have to wait for MrL's holiday leave letter from work - grr!)

what have you bought online?

p.s. oopsies - i forgot that i have another mini package coming (nyx jumbo pencils bought on a blog sale ;))

p.p.s JUST had a look at the h&m collection and i've built up a nice collection in my basket. but i will not buy. i have no money :( well i do, but i need to stop this online buying spree. but oh my - have you seen it? i want to buy every jumper they have!!! eek!!

No comments: