Monday, March 24, 2008

spanked monday and razor burn

or should I say "wet monday" [all the Polish people reading this will understand]. And yes, I did get wet, though I did try my best to run. Oh how fun. I remember it being so out of the ordinary and so exciting when I was about 10, but now, it's just getting on my nerves, unless it's done by my parents or other family members, then I get such a kick out of it because the whole house ends up flooded - now that's what I call a Wet Monday.

Apart from the usual Easter hullabaloo, I hurt, really hurt my legs..
It all happened yesterday at midday when I was rushing to get ready for Cracow. I was just asking for trouble reaching into my bathroom cabinet and taking out one of my razors. For my sins I didn't take a closer look at it and started shaving my legs. Everything was fine until I started wiping my calves dry.. oh dear Lord.. to my horror, my legs were red and stinging so dreadfully, I hurriedly put cream on them but heck, everyone was already waiting for me so I jumped into my stockings and ran downstairs, shoved on my shoes and headed to the car. My legs felt like they were burning. I just tried to go to sleep. After an hour I woke up - it wasn't so bad, but the excruciating pain I felt before was a nightmare.. damn razor must've been as blunt as a hammer.

Lesson learnt: never shave when in a hurry and to always look at the damn thing before using it!

Thankfully, my legs are now recovering quite well but the pain will never be forgotten and the lesson i learnt is one never to be blown over..

No comments: