Tuesday, March 18, 2008

period pains, blocked noses & college

there simply couldn't be a better combination, eh?

I had contracted the flu overnight, I got up at 6:30am sneezing like a monster, had observations at a local secondary school to attend to at 8am, later on was supposed to take my german test aaaand, lo and behold, all this was happening on the most painful strength-sucking day of my period. Sorry I know I'm supposed to say "lady week" but I think that's just ridiculous. Men need to learn to deal with the fact that every single woman on this planet has a week when blood, yes, blood, not red paint or ribena, seeps out of her. They also need to learn that it can make her very cranky and moody and emotional and downright insane, as in my case, and that she can get incredibly pissed off at the fact that she is expected to tread on eggshells for no apparent reason by referring to her PERIOD as her "lady week", "time of the month", "red monster", "throwing a Party", "Aunt Flow", (insert other annoying cover-up metaphor here) even though SHE is the one suffering the pain and discomfort!

so my dear friends, forgive me for being rash, but it's just one of those days where i spend the day in bed and moan.

yay for me. NOT.

No comments: